write what?
I've just returned from a trip from Mexico. It was fun and adventurous and exciting as i'd cycled 620 kms from coast to coast in 8 days. And no you're not the queen and you do not have cabbage growing from the back of your ears. And Rob you're still not intelligent. I did do it and wonderfully well at it thank you very much. and i wont divulge the details because i am supposed to be writing a detailed view of events and dont want to spoil the fun. Well, at least for the 2 people who read my blog, who, as i came to know last week, are 12 years old.
Thing is i have been meaning to write that detailed course of events (dcoe) since the past 2 weeks. the most i could manage is the starting paragraph and then through some mystical tweak of devilry i landed up on the TOI website. Which basically gives me a detailed insight into the miserable lives of cucumber faced celebrities. I can get that information from Julia for heavens sake. Frankly this information is only interesting during the 3 hours I spend at the doctor's generally with a group of the most straight faced people in the world and a baby who thinks crying is going to achieve world peace.
Anyways back to work. I get to the second paragraph, most difficultly trying to choose my words. My mind roams to Becky from our office and Lisa from the next department. Those are the kind of people i keep track of. Becky and Lisa come everyday at precisely 10:15 for a coffee break which is when the entire men's team comes down to coffee to too. One of those freaky coincidences in life which you know have a bigger purpose to it.
Back to work back to wrok. I've already lost my chain of thoughts. I need the right words . I try in vain to decipher my illegible handwriting, the notes I've taken during the trip. Suddenly a pop up springs from nowhere. Now pop ups are like the Shiv Sena. Totally unnecessary, in your face, bright stinging colours and created by bespactled balding men. I have a strong opinion about pop ups and i will voice it as loud as i can. No pop ups please.
You bored? asks one cheeky popup. Artificail Intelligence? Nah. Probability. I go to a site which tells me things to do when I am bored. 'Push youre eyes for interesting light shows'. 'See how long you can hold you're breath.'. What? I was bored. this will drive me insane. 'Try not to think about penguins'. 'Scratch yourself'. 'Try to swallow your tongue'
Ok. whoever thought of this is obviously much more creative than i am. He's also more suicidal.
Ok you know what I'm off. I've written more here than what I have at that DCOE. hopefully i'll complete it before i can swalllow my tongue.

4 Comments:
I am 12 and I just dont get it. So, instead of the DCOE that took place while at Mexico you could atleast write about the 'memorable moments'. Thanks!
true. Thing is I want to write a really detailed write up. I'd rather wait and write the whole thing . Its much easier when I'm writing it in a sequenced format.
yeah ok basically too lazy.
Symptoms of OCD :-)
I was eagarly awaiting to see ur article on ur Mexico adventure but I feel dissapointed after having read this.Can we make it a bit simpler and write about some exciting moments en route ? thanks.
Post a Comment
<< Home