Thursday, December 02, 2004

An orange less ordinary.

Confusion is more a part of my life today than bearded men in holes is to Bush. Because you see, I'm at that stage in life where i have to make choices. Too many choices. Not the kind of choices one has to make when standing in front of the 'Ladies ' and 'Gents' toilets (my friend Abhishek still feels it is a difficult one) nor choices like whether i should or should not support Takuma Sato in any F1 race. More importnant ones like whether i should have a Grolsch or a Heineken. But seriously its a much more confusing world than it ought to be. The world could be a simpler place. Like an Orange. No multi variate choices in the thing. One plain simple fruit. Just imagine man coming up with say a mobile service with that name!!

For instance ive slogged the rear of my body out after a hard days work at the clothes store around the corner. Now let me tell you by slogging i do not mean the kind of training Indian atheletes have for Olympics. Most do more exercise in calculating where to stash thier volumnous amounts of money they recieve from various sources, which if i mention will be banned from this site than what they are supposed to do. I apologise for being such a critic on this subject but i believe there is a lot more talent in India than to receive just one medal at a sporting occasion celebrated with such a spirited vigour and for so long by so many countries. That apart ,as is my habit of drifting from the main subject i must come back.

My work. Yes my manager idolises a certain sect of people who have small moustaches and come from Germany. She even behaves like them. Let me not get into that or i shall drift off again. I come to a shop and ask for a nice hot cuppa coffee before i start the long 15 minutes walk home. I would rather prefer that hot cup in freezing england than Aishwarya Rai. Only because i can get my hands on the former easier. So i ask the coffee lady if i can have a cup of hot coffee. Hot or cold? Hot I respond. Mild smooth or bold? I can well imagine that bold coffee coming boldly form where no coffee has come before. From a coffee bean. Smooth sounds refreshing. Cappuccino or latte? ummm Capucinno i say lazily. A blend or exclusive? Christmas special or daily delight? Costa Rica or Arabian? I run to the nearby Mc Donald for a bite. A chicken burger please. Mc Chicken ,premier, sandwich or with meal? I am sitting at home with my own coffee and a tomato sandwich which tastes just as good and shaking my troubled head in digust. Hence all this gibberish. I am first of all worried about choices I have to make in terms of a career, in terms of life and to top it a hundred more choices by insignificant things as mild or bold coffees.
Anyways I don’t think I can escape form this choice making disease. In ice creams , in movies ..even in capsicums. Keep the choices for internet based telephony and plasma screens. Let simple things be simple I say. Like when it is after ive had those three pints. When neither a Grolsch or a Heiniken or a Stella remain but what does is a misty yellow liquid with bubbles.

Ive just learnt there are choices in oranges too and I am going to faint. The future is far from bright. Far form Orange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home