why?ber world.
There are words i feel which have come out only for the technology age. They are specifically meant for my bespacled hyderabadi (synonym: software engineer) friend who thinks programming and parachute jumping are as thrilling as each other.
The words I'm talking about here could actually stir up a revolution sitting there with those confused Oxford lot and create for themselves an entire new dictionary. And I'd support them in the cause. Because some of these fellows really do sound authentic. Better they sound technical. Cyber, bandwidth ,router, server. And the like.
What i dont understand is how words which Ive learnt as a smooth faced school boy have turned around and cheated me of all the hours i spent in front of the darned dictionaries and Wren and Martins and Mrs Samant. I mean can you imagine how arrogant and hypocritical they can be? Take "cookies" for example. The rascals. They were these sweet tasting wholesome round brownish crispy things with chunks of chocolate in them . A simple yet beautiful food life saver which could not be replaced. Now they have the cheek to define themselves as - 'small files that can be created and written to by a programming/scripting language'. Whaatt?? Face it, we are all on the brink of losing out some of the worlds most treasured round words with chocolate chunks in them. Forget the panda. Save cookies i say.

1 Comments:
And save your eyes from the wrath of the 'monitor', this is one of those words I never really liked anyway. Wanted to kick the life out of my class monitor when I was in school
Post a Comment
<< Home