Bright Spot in a soldier's mind
Inspired by 2 movies, a programme and an empty feeling in the stomach. Dedicated to Indian soldiers in India and the world over.
Summary: A soldier on the battleground, is ready to charge out from his trench to enemy lines. Just before he charges, he suddenly feels a cold chill up his spine and feels what no good soldier should ever feel - fear. Of death. Of losing life. His mind is blazing, while he looks around. In the end, with a fierce pride he rushes out screaming. To a bright spot. To death.
Bright Spot in a soldier's mind
Dark clouds enveloped the sky
Bitter the smell beyond
As I lay in the trenches
cold steel pressing my hardened hand
Clouds of a sorrowful dust
Puff up far and near
Rifles blazing away
With dull grey sparks of anger
As men fall and pray
Painful expression hidden
The twilight of their day
O My brother in arms
Id rather lose my limbs
Than bring you harm
Cause I want to go back
To a home far far away
Where the sun shines on the yellow grass
Where the birds sing with the wind
As the cows graze lazily on
And the flowers prance along
I want to live a life without guilt
With a beautiful wife and kids
And repair the microwave on Sundays
As I look beyond , and watch
my mates walk into the valley of death; ambling madly
I realise im not alone
And this is my purpose of every breath
And that I have a million standing behind
Who want to watch the cows as well
And the sun and the rain
But have no choice
A steely resolve overcomes
I walk head on out of the trench
into the cloud of pain and stench
And all my life and dreams,
Rise up in a flame of sound
A scream, a rush of blood amound
‘ Here’s not to reason why
Here’s but to do and die’
Here’s not to reason why I die
Here’s but to reason when
Here’s not to reason why I kill
Here’s but to reason how many
As the cold earth swallows me in
and heart and soul cry out in pain
I close my eyes
And feel relief
Never felt so much life,
To know I will become
A part of what I once was
The doors of heaven will open wide
To another world, I will walk in pride
To another world, I will walk in pride.
Puneeth

1 Comments:
great poem! would be interesting to know what are the movies you watched...
Post a Comment
<< Home